Friday 22 August 2014

How I met my internet bestfriend!

(Beth's twitter
Helloooo, this weeks post is about something I feel is good to share to all of you; how I met my best friend over the internet. I know it can be a bit strange to some people, and I admit before I met mine I did think ‘how was it possible to be best friends with someone you've never met?’  

I’m in a group on Facebook for the fanbase of the wanted and theres about 500 members in there and we used to all talk to each other ALL the time. Everyone got to know each other really quickly and most of us made a ‘best bud’ in the group — and mine was Beth. We would talk regularly in the group but then we started inboxing each other to get to know each other more. 

After about 6 months of talking we decided to Skype. for me this was nerve-racking! I was so scared if she didn't like me or thought I was weird or my voice was strange. The call actually went better than I could have ever imagined! We spoke like we had been best friends forever and since then we've spoke all day every day. 

my mum and beth’s mum spoke a bit to make sure everything was okay about us two meeting and to make sure nothing was dodgy or anything. then on the 29th May 2013 Beth came over to Manchester and i met her for the first time. i’d be lying if i said it wasn't one of my favourites days in my life. i spent the whole day with her and her other friend in Manchester and it honestly felt so good to actually spend time with her. 

A few months after that me and my parents travelled over to Sheffield and I stayed at beth’s house, my parents and her parents met each other in person and it was such a good two days! Beth and I went shopping then we went out for dinner with her parents and I got to meet them properly and talk to them in real life. 

i am still best friends with her and i don't know what i’d do without her. i recently saw someone on twitter post “long distant friendships are actually my favourite simply because of the feeling you get when you see them after so long” and it's so true! i feel you get closer to them if you're further away from them in one sense, because you will make the effort to talk to them and know whats happened in their day.

Have you ever met an internet friend or had a long distant friendship? Let me know in the comments!


thanks for reading! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment